It's Tuesday. That can only mean ONE THING.
The below dish is easy on the eyes, easy in the heels, and easy on the waistline.
- 2 grilled chicken breasts OR store bought rotisserie chicken.
- 1 jar of salsa you love (I prefer roasted garlic salsa)
- a handful of chopped lettuce
- a package of pre-made fresh guacamole (or make it yourself if you have the time: 2 avocados, cilantro, a squeeze of lime, a dash of olive oil)
- a sprinkle of Oaxaca cheese (or use Parmesan like I did)
- a can of black beans
- a handful of frozen corn
- blue corn soft flour tortillas
In the oven, warm your tacos on a tray at low heat.
Cook your chicken-- or, if store bought, just fork your chicken, shredding it. In a topped pan on medium low heat, add your chicken and the whole jar of salsa. Let it sit and stew anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. Mix if you'd like.
Drain your can of black beans into a bowl and add the frozen corn. Heat it in the microwave until hot. I like to add a dash of salt and cayenne pepper to this mix for a little punch!
Remove your tortillas from the oven, and top as such: lettuce, bean and corn mix, stewed chicken, guacamole, sprinkle of cheese.
For Parve: Cook your kosher chicken, and leave out the cheese!
How to Plate: Open-faced on a crisp white square (as above) This can be served in a set of 3 as a dinner, or single servings as an appetizer!