What is COOKING IN HEELS all about?

COOKING IN HEELS is a comic and practical cookbook blog for the modern Glamazon learning her way around the kitchen.

"I'M BAAAACK" POM CHICKEN CASHEW SALAD

DIFFICULTY LEVEL: OY / OY VEY!

*
My computer died on me, my parents were in town, and I took a little "mini vacay"... and I am truly sorry that I haven't done a post in the past week and a half.

I hate not being able to share my recipes that are "so easy, you can even cook in your heels."

Now that my new computer has been ordered and my lovely fiance has allowed me to use his fancy computer, I am back in business!

You know what ELSE is back? Pomegranate seeds are back in season!

I'm here to celebrate with a light and delicious Summer salad perfect for lunch or dinner.
**

  • handful of fresh Pomegranate seeds (in salad section)
  • one romaine heart (per person)
  • one chicken breast (per person)
  • handful of Cashews
  • 3 slices of a Mandarin orange or similar sweet orange
  • store bought Balsamic vinaigrette
  • store bought Raspberry vinaigrette
  • 2 tablespoons of Cranberry juice
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil

Salt your chicken and spray a tin foil lined tray to cook the breast for about 15-20 minutes at 375.

In a salad bowl, add your rinsed and chopped lettuce, cashews, pomegranate seeds, and mandarin orange slices.

In a small bowl, mix equal parts of the two vinaigrettes, olive oil and cranberry juice with a fork.

Once the chicken is ready, chop and place of the bed of salad, and tossing with the "homemade" dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment