It's an OY VEY! if you are not buying pre-chopped cabbage
*Sumi salads (aka Asian cabbage salads) are pretty common. Many recipes call for wontons or noodles, or even ramen.
For my recipe, I've added deli-sliced chicken, and left out the carbs, for this refreshing take on the Sumi salad.
If you don't like it, well, then, you can sue me!
- 1 large head of cabage (or a bag pre-sliced)
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 6-10 scallions/green onions. I used 8.
- Handful of chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of red cabbage, sliced (or buy pre-sliced)
- 1/2 pound of deli chicken, unsalted, chopped
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoon of rice vinegar
In a large bowl, mix all other ingredients.
Toss and coat. Serve and enjoy!