What is COOKING IN HEELS all about?

COOKING IN HEELS is a comic and practical cookbook blog for the modern Glamazon learning her way around the kitchen.

TERIYAKI TURKEY BURGER


DIFFICULTY LEVEL: OY!

*

The annual dance recital.


This was a big production. Schmaltzy costumes, stage moms... the whole shpilkes.


Morning of my big tap routine, I couldn't find my shoes.


In a complete craze, my mom grabbed my patent leather dress shoes and we headed out the door.


On stage, while I was tapping away in my faux tap shoes, my shoe fell off.... and flew a few feet away.


With a moment of panic, I kept on tapping my little shoe-less foot.


As the dance number proceeded, I found a moment to move over and shuffle back into my shoe.


The crowd went wild (well, maybe just in my head)... and I realized that sometimes you just can't plan everything, and improvisation leads to improvement!


Skip the ketchup and go gourmet by improvising on the simple burger. A scrumptious dish and a perfect alternative for the BBQ!

**

  • 1 lb. lean ground Turkey
  • “Soy Vey” teriyaki sauce (the best!)
  • ½ cup of chopped onions
  • ½ cup of chopped broccoli
  • ½ cup of chopped carrots


In a bowl, mix all veggies into the turkey meat. Fold in about ¼ cup of teriyaki sauce. Feel free to use your hands to mix everything together—get dirty… it feels good! Pam your pan or use the good ole George Foreman to cook these yummy burgers up.


How to Plate: Serve with or without buns, drizzle a dash of extra teriyaki sauce on top! If this is for a party, make mini burgers and stack on a large platter!

No comments:

Post a Comment